Online Training (Live)
Inherited Family Trauma
Diagnosis and Resolution in Individual Sessions
with Mark Wolynn
“Unconscious family loyalties and unresolved traumas are carried in the words we speak,
the symptoms we express and the body defenses we unknowingly construct.”
September 16 – December 2
- The Art of Diagnosis
- Effective Resolutions
- Facilitating Online Sessions
Ready to take things to the next level? Join Mark Wolynn, author of the award-winning It Didn’t Start With You (Penguin, 2017), and learn effective ways to break inherited patterns of suffering. Whether you’re already working with people or just want to learn more, this professional development course is a fast track to deepening your clinical skills. Attendees will learn to explore words, fears, symptoms and behaviors in a way which, not only illuminates the core issue, but also the essential skills and resources necessary for implementing effective resolutions.
The problem, as well as the solution, is often revealed within the first moments of interaction. If we listen only to our client’s story, we risk following our clients into the places where they perpetuate their issues and remain stuck. However, when we know how to get to the core of an issue, we can implement the most potent solutions.
In this training, students will learn how to quickly expose the root causes behind many of the emotions, behaviors, fears and reactive patterns that keep us mired in our daily lives. Students will learn to explore words, fears, symptoms and body language in a way which, not only illuminates the core issue, but also the tools and resources necessary for a thorough resolution. Students will learn how to identify the unconscious loyalties, unresolved traumas and hidden dynamics that contribute to patterns of illness, unhappiness and dissatisfaction, as well as learn practical and safe interventions that deepen a client’s healing process.
In this training, you will:
- Learn how to facilitate one-on-one sessions both online and in person.
- Learn to recognize the Four Unconscious Themes that can affect heath, vitality, success and relationships.
- Learn the Core Language Approach—a specific method of questioning designed to quickly reveal the source of an issue.
- Learn how to identify trauma language that lives beneath the client’s story.
- Learn how to work with chronic illness and persistent medical conditions.
- Learn how to track the words, fears, symptoms and behaviors that lead to unresolved traumas in the family history.
- Learn how to distinguish the pivotal events in a traumagram.
- Provide clients with a context for understanding the physical, psychological and emotional symptoms they’ve been experiencing.
- Provide clients with new images and healing sentences for resolution.
- Learn body-centered practices based in neuroscience to ground positive experiences in the body.
16 CE credits available (must attend all classes live)
Recordings of each class will be made available
Payment plan available
Due to the depth of the exploration in this training, we strongly recommend that all participants integrate this work in personal therapy with a psychologist or trauma-informed psychotherapist of their choice
Effective Resolutions in Individual Sessions
Details announced soon
For many of us, the effects of unresolved trauma blend into our words, emotions, reactions and choices in ways we never even think to question. In this level, students will learn how to work with both inherited and early-life trauma, specifically how to help clients shift the inner images that keep them stuck in repetitive patterns. Students will receive hands-on training in constructing a visceral, three-dimensional healing experience that allows a new image, with new sensations, root in the client’s body. Each time the new image is revisited, an opening is created in the body for greater ease and expansion. Students will learn how to design individualized homework assignments that help sustain integration. Students will also learn how to restore the aliveness to a damaged, empty or strained relationship with the parents.
In this training, students will:
- Learn how to construct visceral, three-dimensional resolutions in one-on-one sessions.
- Learn how to use dialogue, imagery, ritual and healing sentences as tools for reconciliation.
- Learn how to facilitate three-dimensional family constellations in one-on-one sessions using footprints.
- Learn how to create effective treatment plans that include body-centered exercises, breathing techniques, and other practices based in neuroscience.
- Learn how to design individualized homework assignments that allow new images and sensations to root in the body.
- Learn how to help clients break long-standing patterns of illness, fear and unhappiness.
Due to the depth of the exploration in this training, we strongly recommend that all participants integrate this work in personal therapy with a psychologist or trauma-informed psychotherapist of their choice.
“Mark’s uncanny ability to uncover the essential dynamics operating beneath physical complaints is nothing short of miraculous.”
– Dr. Bruce Hoffman, The Hoffman Centre for Integrative Medicine
“Mark took my practice, understanding, scope and depth of this work to a whole new level.”
– Felice Laurel, Family Constellation Facilitator
“This model of therapy has provided me with valuable answers to some of the most complicated questions, both personally and professionally.”
– Gemma Stone, Registered Clinical Psychologist
“As medical doctors, we often treat the symptom. I’ve witnessed Mark identify the pattern and treat the cause.”
– Dr. Russ Kennedy
Disclaimer of Liability
Please note that The Family Constellation Institute, The Hellinger Institute of Northern California and Mark Wolynn do not assume any responsibility for, nor are they liable for, the actions, non-actions, words or behaviors of practitioners associated with or trained by Mark Wolynn or the above institutes. Mark does not supervise the ongoing work of the practitioners in any capacity, and is not familiar with many of the other methods and modalities they may use. For that reason, Mark Wolynn and the above institutes cannot warrant or endorse the services provided by other practitioners or the effectiveness of the therapy you receive.