San Francisco Bay Area
For many of us, the effects of unresolved trauma blend into our words, emotions, reactions and choices in ways we never even think to question. In this level, students will learn how to work with trauma, specifically how to shift the story-image of a sexual, war or family trauma. Students will receive hands-on training in constructing a visceral, three-dimensional healing experience that allows a new image with new sensations to take root in the client’s body. Each time the new image is revisited, an opening is created in the body for greater ease and expansion. Students will learn how to design individualized homework assignments that allow these new images and sensations to anchor in the client’s body and deepen the experience of an expanded sense of self. Students will also learn how to restore the aliveness to a damaged, empty or strained relationship with the parents.
In this training, students will:
- Learn how to construct visceral, three-dimensional resolutions in one-on-one sessions
- Learn how to use dialogue, imagery, ritual and healing sentences as tools for reconciliation
- Learn how to resource clients through body-awareness, body-sensation and breathing techniques
- Learn how to design client homework assignments to anchor an intervention
- Learn how to help clients break long-standing patterns of illness, fear and unhappiness